Give to the Library: Consider a Gift
It is with the help of gifts from donors and benefactors, as well as grants that we are able to provide a Library collection that promotes student success and enhances personal growth.
- *NEW* Amazon Wishlist - Please purchase NEW copies only. Don't forget to include your name and email address on the Gift Card.
- Material gifts (Books, DVDs, CDs, etc.)
- Monetary gifts - mail your donation or donate
online via the LBCC Foundation. If you are making a
donation online, please note that you must contact
Lois Schneider immediately after donating to
indicate that your donation is designated for use
by the LBCC Library.
- LBCC Foundation: 4901 E. Carson St., Long Beach, CA 90808 Mail Code B-12
Gift and Donation Policy
The Library Department at Long Beach City College welcomes gifts of materials, with the understanding that such gifts are to be retained, located, or disposed of in accordance with the Library’s Collection Development Policy. Materials selected for the collection must meet the Library’s Collection Development Policy criteria. Gifts of money should be sent through the Long Beach City College Foundation and designated for use by the LBCC Library.
- All gifts become the property of the LBCC Library.
- Materials selected for the collection must meet the Library’s Collection Development Policy criteria.
- If it is determined by the LBCC Library that the gift is not needed, the item will be offered to other libraries, charities or otherwise disposed of as deemed fit by the Library.
- The Library will send an acknowledgement letter for items that have been accepted. By law, the Library can acknowledge only items which are being cataloged and retained in the collection for at least two years.
- Gift value is established by the donor. No formal or informal valuation can be provided by the Library. In accordance with IRS regulations, gifts valued at $5,000.00 and above should be independently appraised prior to donation.