Spring classes are available for all students and students enrolled in the Library Technician Program!. Find out more…
Program Objectives & Description
The Long Beach City College Library Technician Program is designed to teach the fundamentals of knowledge and skills needed for today’s Library Technicians. The Associate of Arts Degree and Certificate of Achievement program are designed to successfully prepare students for employment with entry and mid-level library technician positions in public, academic, school, special libraries, and other information-related industries.
This program, designed according to guidelines from the American Library Association, is intended to equip students with many of the required competencies for successful performance in all phases of library services. It encompasses library automation essentials such as acquisitions, cataloging, circulation, public access catalogs, techniques of information retrieval, and the Internet.
The program also provides training for paraprofessionals entering the field and also provides continuing education opportunities for those currently employed.
View the schedule of Library Technician courses and click “L” for Library Courses.
Check out the Long Beach City College Library Technician Program on YouTube!
- Course Curriculum Guide for the LBCC Library Technician Program.
- Road Map that shows when classes are offered for the LBCC Library Technician Program.
- Flyer describing the LBCC Library Technician Program.
- Brochure with detailed information about the LBCC Library Technician Program.
- Responsibilities, career opportunities, and wages from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- LIB3 Library, Technology, & Internet Literacy
- LIB1 Information Competency
Want More Information?